
This is what I have for breakfast everyday. Sometimes I even have it for lunch. It's that good. I really do crave this stuff.
So here's how I make it:
Put 1/2 - 3/4 cup oatmeal in a bowl. Add water to barely cover the oats...I like it kind of chewy*** so I don't put as much as the box calls for.
Cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
At this point I like to let it cool a bit. And it firms up even more.
Top with (in this order):
chopped fresh fruit...my favorites are strawberries or blueberries.
drizzled honey
vanilla yogurt
nuts (I prefer whole almonds)
sometimes I sprinkle wheat germ on too.
pour a little milk around the edge.
Enjoy your little bowl of manna from heaven and then go get after your morning!
***I love it lumpy. Just like Grandpa Bridge. For all the cousins who need their oatmeal whipped to smithereens...this will not fly with you. But I'll say this--you are missing out!
9 comments:
YUM!! I'm changing my mind about what I'm havign for breakfast this morning! :)
I LOVE oatmeal too, I put granola on top of my oatmeal. I'll have to try vanilla yogart, that sounds good. My second favorite thing for breakfast is a piece of toast with a scrabbled egg on top. It seems to fill me up for the morning. Cream of wheat is a a favorite too. I LOVE breakfast!
I LOVE Blog binges. I actually saw you commented on the family blog and thought "Oh! She was in the blogosphere! I wonder if she posted!" Thanks for not letting me down. I love your pics. I also had a little muesli myself just this morning, but will try the variation.
I want this right now but I would like you to make it for me, then that would mean we could both tackle our mornings together, and we could just spend the day together...perhaps even do a craft or two. Plus you have a way of making things taste so delish!!
Love all of these posts.... Thanks Jules... so fun to see everyone and all you are doing. Love it... Try the oats raw(especially if you can find thick, steel cut oats like Bob's Red Barn has) with liquid yogurt and fresh berries. Also yum! But I'm going to try yours too. It's much like Kristan fixes!
The lumpier the better I agree
Can't wait to try this with my favorite steel cut oats! thanks Julie
Love lumps. Mmmm...this looks tasty.
I've had your oatmeal creation for the past 3 mornings and you're right-it is heaven on earth. I'll never go back to my plain boring oatmeal again!
Post a Comment