June 15, 2009

Spring Break

Whew...prepare yourself...there are alot of pictures here. And a bit out of order. For example...no, the kids did not take a long nap in the middle of the day at Disneyland...that is the night before when we arrived late and they were out the second their heads hit the pillow.

A few fun notes...
About a half an hour after Will attempted to pull the sword out of the stone...we were trying to decide what to do next and Will said, "I want to go back and see if anyone got the sword out yet!"

Luke tried skim boarding and loved it. You throw the board down on the thin sheet of water that's left behind as the tide is going out and jump on it for a ride. (basically)


Luke took all the star wars pictures. We hope the little boys enjoy them. He and Will loved the experience of watching the Jedi train kids who were able to fight off Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Will continues to practise his new lightsaber fighting skills on me...."Right shoulder, Left shoulder, right leg, left leg...he's awesome at it."

More journaling to come...














































































6 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Fabulous.... fabulous.... It's Caroline at mom's.. (with mom) We're missing California right now, and wish we could have been there with you on your Spring Break. Come to Oregon! Can't wait to see you. Mom says, Thanks for the great photos. So fun to see all those faces we love. Love you all

Woods said...

To Will: my favorite part was seeing Darth Maul when he was jumping over that thing.
From: Noah

To Luke: my second favorite part was seeing Darth Vader. I like the funny picture where you put your head down and held onto Will's head!!!
From: Noah

To Bridget: I can't wait to build sand castles with you! We miss you!
Love: Aunt Jess

Amy said...

Those were great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I got nostalgic looking through them. You guys are awesome.

Betsy said...

Jules! You've just made Oliver's and my day! Everyone else is at soccer, and I've got the flu/a head cold, so we're the only ones home. Oliver was just out of the tub and brought me the laptop to "see Lola". After Liv's blog, we saw Gracie, then I said "Do you want to see Julie"? And he enthusiastically said "yeah Doolie"!!! When I got here and saw all the new pictures I was thrilled. Oliver knew everyone, and I wish I could relay all his photo comments. They were so cute. The excitement peaked when he squealed "Keen!!! Mater!! Donah!" (McQueen, Mater, and Jonah) He was beyond thrilled! Anyways, it looks luck you had such a blast, we can't wait for bear lake! Love ya!

Arrington's said...

Laken is in awe looking at these amazing pictures. We're planning a trip there in a few weeks and this was the perfect sneak peak! The Johnston Family knows how to have a Spring Break!

claudiabridge said...

great pictures Julie and I sure enjoyed your blog writing. missed you this year at the Reunion. Hopefully next year. we love you all, Aunt Claudia