
Here is what my kids are working on this summer. I planned it after we saw the movie UP. And for those of you who have done the health challenge, you'll recognize a few of the parts.
They get a check for each thing and if they get 9 checks in a day, they get a balloon on the board. 18 balloons means they've earned a bottle of pop with a bottle cap and an adventure.
physical:
1. exercise
2. an in n' out job (we rotate inside jobs/outside jobs daily)
3. eat healthy
spiritual:
4. search (scripture study)
5. ponder
6. pray
Mental/emotional:
7. learn (read)
8. special project (anything from the boys taking something apart to Bridget writing a story)
Social:
9. one on one family time
10. UP words
11. service
It's working quite well. They earned their first adventure on Thursday. They each got a cream soda (with a bottle cap of course) and then we hiked to see Bridal Veil Falls (walked a few hundred yards, rather). Then we went to the Draper Library and found some books...the kids were so excited about their finds. Then we found a baseball diamond where the kids raced from base to base, then we found a park to play on and went home. It was fulfilling! Everyone was exhausted and happy!
P.S. The kids set up air mattresses in the basement the Sunday after school got out and have been sleeping on them ever since. It's now the bunk house. I love it because it's easier to read to them when they are all in the same room. And the best part is their rooms are staying spick and span! I love summer!
5 comments:
Jules you really are the most darling mom! I only hope someday that I can be as creative and fun as you are. You guys are having a busy summer already, Disneyland looked like a blast, I can't wait to take my kids there....in a few years of course.
Keep us posted on your UP summer, sounds like it will be a great one.
Love, Lins
I'm making a list for only Track and the only thing on it is going to be to SLEEP whenever and wherever...
That's awesome! Once again, I must say you are a creative genius! We miss you guys! Yes we need to hang out!
i agree you are so creative and fun and your kids are lucky they have such a fun mom!
What great ideas! Love them... I will most likely be copying them =) You are such a great mom.
Post a Comment