Now you know why I sometimes pick her up out of her bed while she’s sleeping, just to hold her.

Jonah and I read his Cars storybook on my bed one day and the next day this is how I found him…all tucked in and ready to read. Every time I finish reading a book to him he nods his head while saying, “ONE MORE.” He’s very convincing.

Bridget and Luke are off to school. Luke must have stayed up late reading because those eyes are screaming for an extra hour of sleep. I’m not sure why Will didn’t make it in this photo…he’s probably making sure his soccer ball is in his back pack.

Violet smiles
She smiles when you talk to her, say her name, or make sweet noises to her. Luke got the first one when he said good morning to her. She gave him a few big grins and of course he gave her some in return. It is so satisfying to see her smile in response to your own voice. It reminds me of President Uchdorf’s talk. “The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. ...Try to see how many smiles you can create…”

Bathtime with Jones
Jonah helps me bath her every morning and loves it. Then it’s time for lotion, diapers, clothes and a Moo-veeeeee. I love routine.

Hope of America
Luke is part of the middle red stripe, right in the middle of the flag. All of the fifth graders in his school, along with half of the other fifth graders in Utah county performed in the Marriot Center on BYU campus as part of the Freedom Festival Celebration. They sang an array of songs about hope and freedom. It was awesome to hear all those childrens voices together.

This is one of my favorite things in the world…holding a sleeping baby. Yes, Bridget is enjoying her sister.

Will went on a field trip to the Zoo. This was the low-down I got from him after school. "The twain(train) was fo babies...I shoulda saved my daw-woe($)." Who did you sit with on the bus? "Poe-da (Porter), he brought one of those camera's that's a regular camera and a video camera. He videoed me singing, "We Will Rock You," on the bus." Note to self: get my own recording of Will singing that song!
An evening on Adams Street: Adam is raking sand over the low spots in the grass, Will is practicing soccer with Luke, Bridget is jumping on the tramp, Jonah is mopping the sidewalk, and I am sitting on my yellow chair on the front porch holding Violet and completely enjoying the whole scene.
5 comments:
I need to see all of you. Violet is perfection, my arms are aching for her. I wish I was visiting Adams street right about now. Love you all
I could gobble that little Violet I'm telling you!! In truth I could devour all five of them! Not kidding. Each of their personalities.... are so divine. That little Jones.... I'd be reading to him all day. I don't know how I'd ever say no to that face!
... and all is right with the world.
I love this post. It's those simple every day things that make life wonderful.
I love every picture. Can't wait to see the Johnston's at Bear Lake!
Post a Comment