January 13, 2011

do you ever...

cut your own bangs? I usually do in between haircuts...just to make one haircut last twice as long. Only problem is when you cut them too short. (I tend to take a bit of the frustration of having them in my face for too long out on them as I cut) This has happened the last two times so I am quickly rethinking my frugal ways.

I always call my sister Jess (who is a hair stylist) for pointers on hair cutting and she gives great tips and moral support.
Me: "Jess, I cut my bangs too short!"
Jess: "Snicker, cough....Well the good thing is short bangs make you look younger!"
Me: "Except for I'm not going for the cute little school-girl look."
Jess: "O.K. you're going to have to hide them till they are a good length; french braiding them over to the side is your best bet."
Me: "Awesome."

So this week my bangs are hidden away.


(In the summer when the kids and Adam went up to the movie at the park -Matilda- I clipped my bangs while waiting for Violet to wake up, strapped her in the bjorn and then headed up to join them on the lawn)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I want to do it. Right now in fact. But I'm scared. I've been caught by my hair stylist before.