February 9, 2011

Powder Mountain

A weekend getaway up Ogden Canyon for a little skiing/snowboarding. A friend in the ward has a condo in Eden where we stayed. And it was just a short drive up to the ski hill. The kids skiied all day Saturday and Monday with Adam while Jonah and Violet and I hung out, reading books, watching movies and going on sledding walks. I was so impressed with the kids skills when I joined them on Monday afternoon for a while.

Will worked on fine tuning his snowboarding skills and by the end of the trip said, "I've got carving (caw-ving) down, now all I need to focus on is having fun!!"











On Saturday Night after the kids and Adam finished with their day of skiing, we ate, got the kids bathed and settled and then Adam and I went out for a couple hours of night skiing. It was fun and not as bad as I thought after a 10 year lull from skiing....and even back then I was very much a beginner. Anyway it was a really fun date for us. We came back to find Luke watching a movie with Bridget and Will sleeping on either side of him on the hide-a-bed.

On Sunday we found a ward to attend in Eden. Then had Adam's cousin Tom Toronto and his wife Jess and their two little girls Kyla and Abby over for dinner and a traditional game of Yahtzee.



1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Love seeing a bunch of new pictures Jules... thanks. Helps the "missing you all"...