March 4, 2011
Don't worry
Bridget's cute teacher Mr. Young has the whole class sing this every time they are going to take a test...one of his many fun teaching antics. Every day he wears a pair of black converse running shoes with dress pants, a shirt and tie: his signature look. Just after Christmas break he said to Bridget, "Who are you and what have you done with Bridget?" So he finally saw the real Bridget (the silly, noisy and outgoing side that she usually keeps hidden until she feels completely comfortable) after a four month warm-up! His famous line for students who come in late, which Bridget likes to quote: "Well look who decided to show up!" His wife is expecting their first baby and the class is enjoying being in on the excitement. Bridget thinks he's wonderful and so do we.
And while we're on the subject Luke absolutely adores his teacher, Mrs. Gurr. She really is amazing! A perfect fit for Luke. I'd like to interview her on film and post it just so you could get a taste of her personality. She's serious, positive, complimentary, engaging, humorous, intriguing, smart, encouraging, inspiring, (not to mention Canadian) among other things, all wrapped up in one great woman. In Luke's words, "I'm so glad I have an older teacher this year. She has already done so much in her life so she has a lot of things she can teach us from experience!" She taught the class to crochet and they went to town making scarves which they sold, then used the money to buy Christmas pj's for kids who live in a Children's Shelter here in Utah)
Will is enjoying his 1st grade teacher Miss Earle.
Just recently Will and his friend Cole had made little pizza's together for dinner. I was sliding them off the peel and onto the pizza stone when Cole said,
"Don't let mine get stuck to Will's!"
Will quickly said, "Don't worry, my Mom's a genius!"
Well that made my day, (my week, my month, and even my year!!) I might need to get that in needlepoint. And it was about pizza making...my son thinks I'm a genius at sliding pizza onto the stone and I couldn't be happier. So add that to my resume...A genius with a pizza paddle - reference: six year old son, Will. I love motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A good teacher is a blessing indeed! So glad your kids are loving where they are at. And by the way, I think you're a pizza genius too.
What a cute post. I think I might love your kids teachers just as much as they do....I can only hope my kids have that same experience!
And we all know that you are a fabulous mom, what lucky kids! Miss you, and that growing family of yours.
Post a Comment