May 30, 2011

Violet's First Birthday

Photobucket
Violet's first doll: Baby Stella, who came with a soother that magnetizes to her face. Violet caught on to that immediately! She pulled the soother off, put it back on, off, and on. And to see her little chubby hands pushing it onto the babies mouth was too cute for words. A little mother already. I love the way she knows and want to take care of a little person already...she's still a baby herself!!

Photobucket

Violet was so fun to watch with her cake. She enjoyed touching it and looking at it - oh and holding her fork; eating it wasn't so important. She ate a few small bites. Being the first really sweet sugary food she has eaten in her life, she reacted with some surpised faces.

(You should have seen the sugar burst she had about an hour later!! She was up and down and all around...the kids and I laughed our heads off. She totally put on a show for us, like nothing we've ever seen her do)

Happy Birthday Violet! We love and cherish you so much. You are a delight to have in our family. Thank-you for all the joy you bring to our home!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Aw! I miss Violet, or as Ollie would say "bee bee Bylet". She is an absolute doll. I can't quite believe she's 1!!!