September 14, 2011

Gi-no-mous






These days Jonah's words are thrilling me. It started last week while he was getting out the Book of Mormon "Go Fish" game:
"Mom, I can siwiously say Hagoff!" (Hagoth)

As Violet and I helped him harvest all the ripe tomatoes he said, "THESE TOMATOES ARE GI-NOMOUS! Here's goes NUFFIN!
In the mean time, Violet sat and squished cherry tomatoes between her fingers. I showed her how to take off the green tops - someone's got to do it, and it would keep her from ruining them, but she wasn't interested in THAT job. Squishing them seemed quite a bit more fun. But last night as she was sitting on the table next to a plate of whole tomatoes and a few peppers she promtly removed each of the tops (even from the peppers)! So she did listen and learn! I was impressed with her skills as well as her ability to dodge a job...this is not good.

He stopped me after the first line of "I am a child of God" and asked, "Why did he send me here?"
After telling him, again, that we came to recieve a body and to try to choose the right so that we could live with Heavenly Father again he added,
"And to get a head, and arms, and legs, and what Mom?"
"and eyes and a nose and a mouth etc."
I think body to him is your stomach and chest, so he was not satisfied with my description and had to help me out.

Yesterday he was rocking in the chair and asked, "How do we be nice?" I gave him some ideas; help Luke put his backpack away, play ball with Will, help Bridget with her lunch box, share with Violet, help Dad with his jobs, etc. He was very excited and said, "They will LOVE it if I help them, won't they?"

Today, as I vacumned the living room I moved the couch and then decided to leave it in a new place. He walked in and cried, "This is the awesomest room I've ever seen! Can I live in this room?

3 comments:

Amy said...

The things they say. What a funny guy!!!

McCandless Co. said...

Jules, you have the most darling family. Love hearing all about them.

Betsy said...

Aw, We miss you guys! I'm especially wanting to have a conversation with Mr. Jones. He sounds hilarious!