August 28, 2014

First day of school 2014


Quick picture with Dad before he left for work.



Eighth grade girl going to Vista Heights Middle School
First Grade at Saratoga Shores
Fifth Grade at Saratoga Shores 





Principal Thomas welcomed everyone back with a high five!

The kids walked the red carpet into the school which was lined with all teachers.

Will's class is in the middle trailer in the background.  His teacher is Mrs. Lefevre.

Jonah's class is the first classroom Will passes when he comes inside the doors.  His teacher is Mrs. Reid.  I tried really hard to get Jonah to do one more year of kindergarten but he would have none of that! :)  He told me I would have Nicholas and Violet to have fun with while he's gone!  He's ready to be a big kid!
Where is Luke?  He and Violet and Nicholas are all at home sleeping. At 6:00am I told him there had been a bomb threat called in to the school leaving school cancelled for the day.  He said, "Sweet, I'm going back to bed!"    

But the little kids and I enjoyed spending the day with him at home with us!  It was nice not to have ALL the big kids gone all at once.  You can see what we watched together here

 Luke and his friend Max are the YM Family History Specialists in the ward so it has become a bit of a hobby as he learns more and more about how to search for his ancestors.  We had alot of fun the other night finding famous people we were related too.  I think our favorite names were Long shanks and a King Henry, The Bald.  It was very fun to look through the chart to see which lines these people were on.  


1 comment:

Woods said...

Bridget is so stylish and I love to see that Will is diggin neon too ; ) We went to meet our teachers yesterday and checked out Noah's "learning cottage". Fun to think he and Will are both in the same boat