October 29, 2008

A little gore

Tonight I had a nasty run-in with my sewing machine. I was only a few inches from finishing Bridget's dress (seriously) and before I new it that machine chewed up my thumb nail and spit it out--leaving me with a smashed nail and half a needle.
Anywho, the doctor ended up removing the whole darn thing and now I have a huge, red, bandaged up, throbbing thumb. Will said to me this afternoon, "Mom, I think I'll ask Dad to get the pumpkins down for trick or treating cause you have a "bwoken fum!""

4 comments:

Woods said...

My Gosh! Jules I can't even try to really imagine what exactly happened...oh the pain! Wish I was there to wash your hair in the kitchen sink....I imagine its kinda tricky to do with a bandaged thumb!

Schows said...

You poor dear!!! That sounds aweful! Take care of that fum.

Amy said...

I am so sorry about your thumb, and I have to say how impressed I am with your sewing skills. I have a machine just waiting for me to figure out how to use it.

Teri said...

Rich told me about your thumb! Oouch!! Sorry I missed you when you came over the other day. Rich was home for an hour, so I bolted for the car to take a small break from the house and kids!