January 22, 2009

Speedy

At the Bookmobile today Luke got the book he has been dying to finish: Brisinger, the third book in the Eragon series. A few weeks ago he had all but 100 pages read and when he went to renew it he had to turn it in because there were so many holds on it. He felt tortured to leave it. Anyway, he walked out of there today saying, "This is the best day!"

He immediately started reading and didn't stop. When it was time to take Bridget up the street to dance I asked him to sit and play with Jonah while I was gone. When I got back 5 minutes later he said, "Mom, Jonah is so fast! I looked down at my book for ten seconds (I'm sure that's a give or take estimate) and when I looked up he was gone. I found him upstairs in Bridget's bedroom!"

No comments: