The kids were out of school for Fall Break so I decided to take them on a hike. Stewart Falls trail head is right beside Aspen Grove up American Fork Canyon but you can also get to it from Sundance. It was a great hike for us...As we were driving to it Bridget kept saying, "I don't want it to be as long as the Bryce Canyon hike. I'm only going on it if it is a short one."
When we stopped at the booth to pay the park fee I asked the ranger how long exactly? He said, "Oh about 2 miles." Luke was sitting right behind me and whispered, "Don't tell Bridget but that is longer than the Bryce Canyon one."
Twenty minutes into the hike Bridget's complaining queud the "let's talk about the pioneers" talk. She was enjoyable the rest of the way.
Will was pleased to find 2 W's!!

Maple leaves!!! Oh Canada!


Maple leaves!!! Oh Canada!
After a long hike up and a long descent down to the base of the falls we made it!! The falls were beautiful and the crisp air felt so good! We decided that if it were summer we would have jumped in!



Will's Kung-Fu Panda moves got him through when he got tired.



Will's Kung-Fu Panda moves got him through when he got tired.
One thing the kids thought was funny: We passed alot of families along the way and in almost every group someone had something from BYU on. Once the kids caught on to it they would study the people as the passed and then comment on it as soon as the people were out of ear shot. At the very end of the hike...we're talking the parking lot was in view, two guys aproached us, all in green and brown hunting camo outfits. The kids were a bit disappointed that they were going to break the trend but just as the men passed us we noticed they were actually wearing a BYU hat...hunting style. We laughed so hard when we got to the car. Who new?
Great Day.
2 comments:
This looks like so much fun. I'm just ready to hop on a plane so I can see the mountains--course from what I hear it's freezing there! Never mind-- I think I'll stay put!
How fun!
Post a Comment