Sometimes the messages in my mind have a hard time convincing my body that it should actually react. Probably because at first, the thoughts seem a little obscure.
I found Jonah standing on the piano keys today. I heard the notes playing from upstairs and pictured him reaching up and tapping the keys...it sounded lovely. Then I heard the cd come on and knew it must be Will joining in. A tiny thought: could Jonah be standing on the piano turning on the CD player? Louder thought: No, he doesn't climb things like that. I relaxed. A couple seconds later I darted to the stairs. He looked up at me as he side stepped across the key board and started to tell me all about it. My response to my thoughts: "Well NOW he does!" Later he climbed onto a kitchen chair that was standing up against an upstairs window. I got him down and then he did it again. Do you know what this means? All the low to the ground messes he's been creating are cake compared to an unsteady toddler in high places!
Recently I heard someone say that all the great ideas we think we come up with ourselves actually come from The Spirit. I feel ever so grateful to have such help in this AMAZING job of mine.
1 comment:
Oh no, a climber! Josh was one of those. Wait until he starts jumping off of the things that he climbs :)
Post a Comment