May 15, 2009

Ma'am & Am

Jonah knows my name and Adam's. I'm ma'am. Adam is Am. It's quite thrilling for both of us to hear him call our name over and over again when he wants us.
Now, due to the similarities between our names, he's starting to get us mixed up. Today Adam was Am only 65% of the time and Ma'am for 35%. But he never calls me Am which proves that he does know the difference.

As I finished my run this morning and approached our house, Jonah, who was in Adams arms as he put a new tire on Bridget's bike, looked up and before I was in earshot, I could tell his lips were saying, "Ma'am, ma'am, ma'am."

As for other words he says...
Will is Wa
He doesn't say Bridget or Luke yet but he starts to laugh when I do the sign for their names.


Oh the love a baby brings to a family! None of us can get enough!

3 comments:

Woods said...

I can imagine it perfectly...and that makes me miss him even more!! and by the way, I had the oats for breakfast again and I'm addicted. wHile I was eating them I was already planning to have them again for lunch..yummy yum

Joy said...

What a sweetie. It's so fun when they start to make sounds with meaning behind them!

Lis said...

My kids are loving the part in Incredibles where Mr I.chucks Mrs I. up to catch Jack-Jack, and he looks at her and says MAAAM! This is how I imagine Jonah saying it! :)