February 10, 2011

Break time

During the thick of getting over the flu, putting away all the Christmas decor, and de-cluttering the house, I found that I could go no farther without stopping to create something. The item I chose: Capes! It turned out to be the perfect solution to stop the monotony - if only for one afternoon. Jonah and I worked on his while the children were still at school. He chose the colors and we made his initial so that everyone would know he was super. He happily presented it to the kids when they got home and they immediately put in their orders...they were going for more of a Harry Potter style. We turned on a new cd I got for Christmas (thanks Amy) and the kids went crazy dancing and jumping and jumping and dancing. I bet you can tell who wanted me to take a hundred pictures! And all this simple fun took us all the way up to and around dinner until Dad got home. And then they were completely prepared to go easy to their beds and go to sleep.










4 comments:

Teri said...

Did you make a "supermom" cape for yourself? You should have.

Woods said...

I love the one with all the kids up front and Violet hanging out in the back, and seeing Will try to chisel that food down with only one front tooth. Those capes are a genius idea!

Julie Johnston said...

That is one out of hundreds of reasons why I miss you Teri!

DK Johnston said...

Julie...those turned out super cute!! I've had them on my list for a while too. We need to get together so you can teach me:)