I got home and made breakfast burritos and hot chocolate and O.J. while Luke was upstairs showering...finally something he is doing religiously without prodding. Adam wondered why until I reminded him that the 6th graders are in the middle of their dance unit, which they practice daily in preparation for the end of year dance. This will involve dance cards with randomly selected girls on them, leaving a spot for hanging out at the refreshment table. Luke pointed out that he would NOT do it if he had to ask a girl on his own. I guess they know exactly how to break them in slowly. As we drove to school he was picking something out of his teeth, and asking if we could buy breath mints before June 2nd. For sure. We'll get some for you.
Sound guys during class play MacBeth
Luke's default setting
The kids are getting so excited for school to finish. Will rolled out of bed at 7:40 and walked into the school at 7:59. He's so happy that he is completely done with homework for the year..."My teacher is SO Nice!"
On the other hand, Bridget is wondering if Mr. Young will have a website next year that she can check. And asking, "Do teachers get paid, because Mr. Young said they don't?" As well as preparing for her air band to "Eye of the Tiger," next week and Adam is teaching her the moves that go with the song, uh-huh, and she is thinking of taking a video camera to record a day in Mr. Young's classroom.
Jonah is working on being a happy guy more than a mean guy. We're singing alot of, "I want to be kind to everyone... and "Jesus said love everyone..." and it's working! He's the happy guy/mean guy police around here and it's great. When I said no to him yesterday he said, "Don't say that to me Mom, that's a bad word." When he sees injustice between the kids he goes to the guilty person first and says, "Don't be a mean guy to ______." Then he goes over to console the other one, "Are you okay? _______needs to be a happy guy to you." It's amazing, really. Every family needs one.
Violet finished getting one of her bottom teeth, phew, which means that she is happy again and that has been wonderful! She is a sweet singin (only in church), sloppy kissin' booty shaker(when the right music comes on)who lights up our home.
A sunday morning snack served by Jonah
checking her email
her seat of choice where she's learning all the basics of cooking
with her toys
Her first visit to the sandbox was yummy!
I put her down for a short nap at 5:00 and she woke up at 11:30 to have a tea party with Adam and I.
This week I am finishing up my personal progress by finishing the Book of Mormon. It has been a great experience and can't wait to do it again with Bridget. Did you know that Sister Dalton's husband earned his Personal Progress and has a gold tie to signify completing the Virtue value experience and project! Who new that the guys could do this with us?
Here is a fabulous talk to read.
And this was one of the favorite videos we watched on Sunday.
The recipe for Will's favorite salad (from my cousin Emily Perry)
Salad:
1 head romaine lettuce
strawberries (quartered)
1 can mandarin oranges (drained)
salted cashews
Dressing:
3/4 - 1 cup mayo
2 tsp poppyseeds
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar
thin with milk to desired consistancy
And other than that we are staying busy with Soccer, Fathers and Sons, playing and working in the yard etc.
5 comments:
Hey Julie, loved reading your post and seeing all your pictures. I was a little jealous when I read about your morning runs. I miss running with you:) K, so Violet is soooo Cute! Her had Samantha would be good friends if they lived close by. Oh, and the shower thing with Luke I can relate to. Getting Brooklyn to shower every other day is a battle. That salad looked delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe.
What a good update! can I be as good of a mom as you some day.....you are darling.
So fun to see an update. We miss you guys!! Violet's getting so big, I can't wait to show Ollie the pics. He regularly talks about "bee bee Bylet", "bee bee Luthie", and "bee bee Daycob". Good thing he sees "luthie" often!
I miss running (and chatting) with you too Teri!
Julie, I LOVE your blog. I forget to check it often so it's always a treat when I do. I can't believe how grown up Jonah and Violet are! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment