
The photo collage on the wall is the project Jess and I did while I was at her place in Virginia. Lis enlightened me on the idea and Jess just happened to have a bare wall that needed something...so we decided to do it. It was a quite a simple project! It took about 2 hours start to finish (choosing the pictures was the time consuming part and that was done earlier that morning and then we uploaded the pictures to Costco and picked them up at noon).
All you do is get an art canvas (Michaels, Roberts, Walmart) in the same size your photo is in. We cropped a tiny bit off the edge of the photo so that the black could be seen on the front. Paint the sides of the canvas either black or brown depending on if you want black and white or sepia pictures. Once the sides are dry you paint mod podge over the entire back of the photo, lay it on the canvas and smooth it until it has adhered well. Then just paint mod podge over the top of the photo. We did two coats: the first going up and down and the second going side to side. It left a very canvas-y finish which is exactly what we were after. Let me know if anyone tries this. I've got my canvas' already I just need to choose the photos!
5 comments:
what a cute idea!!! You will have to post pictures after you get yours done. Oh what I would have given to be on the east coast with you guys last week!!
So cute. I love it.
can I choose one of your photos?
Jonah at the bathroom shower curtain for your bathroom wall...
just an idea. I died over the picture. Those legs won't look like that in another month the way he is growing. I love reading my nieces and daughters blogs. One of the highlights to a day is finding a new post !
YAY!!! The pictures turned out so GREAT!!! Nice work! My goal is to have mine up by the time baby comes! Thanks for posting the pic and tell Jessica I LOVE how it turned out!
Love it! I'll be trying that for sure.
Post a Comment